Popular Posts

Blogger templates

Blogger news

Blogroll

About

Sunday, July 19, 2020


 
 
As global language, English has been used by many people around the world. Many things are written or spoken in English, such as electronic tools, games, and advertisement. In Indonesia, the students have to learn English since elementary school up to university. On the other hand, it is still difficult for them to comprehend English well. In this article, I would like to share my experiences in learning English. As a beginner, we tend to be shy and think hard of English. Most of people think that English is difficult and complicated language because of grammar. As results, they still cannot comprehend English. It happens as they thought. Hence, change the way you think of English become English is easy to learn. Let’s start

1) Vocabulary in a Day

How can we speak if we do not know the vocabulary of a language. Improve your vocabulary every day, whether it is only 2 vocabularies in a day but keep doing it. Make your vocabulary improved. Last time, when I was a beginner, I memorized five to ten vocabularies in a day to make myself easier speaking English because I have many vocabularies.

2) Listening to music

Music is good arm to learn English. Everybody loves music and memorize the lyrics subconsciously. While listening to English song, we will learn many things such as new vocabulary and pronunciation. After you read this article, look for one English song, find the lyrics with the meaning and listen to it. It does work to improve your English skill. When I was in Junior High School, I tried to listen to English songs every time. While I was listening to music, I would write the lyrics based on what I heard. I didn’t care whether it was true or not. I just want to practice my listening skill and time after time, my English skill  has been improved.

3) Watching English movie

Do you know Harry Potter’s movie? It is really famous movie to English learners because many learners learn many things from that movie. When we watch English movie, we often use Indonesian subtitle. Now, try to change the subtitle into English then make note for the words that you don’t know. If it is hard to understand the movie by using English subtitle, you can watch it by Indonesian subtitle then next time you watch it by English subtitle with same movie. You will really understand the movie and also their language. J

4) Practising

How? At a school, we often have English exercises. It is not what I mean but practice speaking English. It is not public secret that people speak English in public will be mocked but it is okay, don’t worry. No wrong language. You just need to find some friends who are also learning English and practice with them together. Learning English without practicing is useless.